Saturday, August 15, 2009

childhood memories












finally.......i have finally finished the shawdow box i have been working on for like 4 months.....ha ha ha....4 MONTHS!!!!! to finally get it perfect - the way i want it.......now , keep in mind....i didnt work on it everyday for hours for the last 4 months.......but it felt pretty dang close to that....ha ha ha.....nah....actually......when i was pregnant for abigail, my mom gave me the most perfect gift......at my surprise baby shower, my mom handed me this beautiful package..... i still have the wrappings......ha ha ha....my mom made this big bow from paper that looked like real ribbon.....a remember openning it up to find my very own baby clothes, socks and shoes, and my dolly.....

she told me that when i was born, my dad was soooooooooo excited, that he went down to the hospital gift shop and bought me this dress (and shoes and socks to match - that will be featured in an upcoming shadow box :) ......i was sooooooooooooooo overcome with emotion......i realized right then and there that i was gonna become a mom soon.......WOW!!!!.... i did make a very (amatuer ) shadowbox....but here it is, 10 years later...and i have decided to re-vamp it....and voilia....there you have it.....soooooo thats the story behind some of the items in the layout.......

it took me FOREVER to get it the way i wanted it.....i had been anticipating working on the project more than any other...i purchased the shadow box frame in april...and i started to work on it immediately......and then i came to a road block.....i couldnt get the items positioned and i would step away from it and come back to it....and finally....just when i thought that i had lost my creativity......it happened.....almost like magic...ha ha ha....it had been about a month since stepping away from it...that i came back to it this past week....and the pieces all fell into place.....i was so into finishing it that i lost a lot of sleep this week...ha ha ha....but it was well worth it....

so here, 4 months later......i can breathe easy....and get ready for round 2......then 3...then 4......

1 comment:

  1. it is absolutely beautiful...i am amazed at your work everytime i see a new project of yours. your mom is such a sweet person and that is a wonderful gift that she gave you at your baby shower!

    ReplyDelete